RentReporters Referral Campaign Terms and Conditions
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to residents of the United States of America, who are 18 as of the date of entry. The Campaign is open to current RentReporters’ subscribers, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of RentReporters, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Entrant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of RentReporters as final and binding as it relates to the content and decisions of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online beginning on the date determined by RentReporters. Notice shall be provided by RentReporters in a manner as determined appropriate by RentReporters. Only those entries made by 11:59pm Pacific Time on the last day of the month shall be counted. The campaign shall continue until notice is provided by RentReporters that the campaign shall cease.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign entry is valid when a referred subscriber (“Referree”) signs up for RentReporters’ service using an Entrant’s unique referral URL. If the Referree does not use the Entrant’s unique referral URL, then the entry is not valid, Further, an entry will not be deemed to be valid unless a Referree’s identity is successfully verified and payment is completed.
The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of RentReporters. You must provide the information requested. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules or otherwise fail to comply with the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of RentReporters. Entrants are provided their unique referral URLs when they first sign up for RentReporters’ service. If an Entrant would like to request this URL be provided to them again, they must email RentReporters’ Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive the following Prizes:
The Entrant with the most number of qualified referrals by 11:59pm Pacific Time on the last day of each qualifying period will receive $1,000 USD towards their rent. The check will be mailed to the Winner’s landlord within 30 days of the Winner being announced.
In the event of a tie, the Winner will be determined based on the timestamp from the Entrant’s last entry, with the Entrant having the earliest entry for the month of the tie being the Winner.
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by RentReporters. No prize substitution shall be permitted except at RentReporters’ discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for RentReporters to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The more people you refer to join the campaign, the more chances you have to win.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be resulted by the end of the first week of each new month following the close of the Campaign month, under the supervision of RentReporters. Winner will be notified by by email and telephone within five (5) days following appointment of Winner. RentReporters shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT RENTREPORTERS’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content, You understand and agree that RentReporters, anyone acting on behalf of RentReporters, and RentReporters’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: RentReporters reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond RentReporters’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, RentReporters may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by RentReporters. RentReporters reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. RentReporters has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, RentReporters reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless RentReporters and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF State of California, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. The Campaign hosted by RentReporters is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIn or other social networks that are used to share the participations.