How do you add my rent history to my credit report?
There are 4 steps to reporting your rent to the credit bureaus.
1. Verification of your identity and rent payments: We need your social security number, date of birth, address, and your landlord’s contact information.
2. Verification of your rent payments with your landlord: We work directly with your landlord to confirm your on-time rent payments.
3. Reporting your history to the credit bureaus.
4. Rental tradeline added to your credit report: Your new tradeline will be added to your credit report within 5-7 days. As you continue to pay your rent each month, additional positive history is added to your tradeline monthly.
How much will my credit score increase?
For thousands of RentReporters’ customers, the average increase is 40 points. While we would love to be able to predict a specific score we simply can’t because the scoring algorithm the bureaus use is proprietary and not available to us. We do think you’ll be inspired by the stories of our customers and the dramatic changes they have experienced.
Tell me about my free credit score?
We provide you a free credit score before we initially report your rent history and then again immediately after it is added so that you can see how much your score changed….each month thereafter your new score is added.
How long will it take for me to see a change in my credit score?
You will see your new score within 3-5 days after we have completed your verification.
What is your refund policy?
When am I not eligible for a refund?
• Cancellations outside of the 7 day initial reporting window.
• Cancellations that occur prior to your rent history being reported.
• Prohibited Transactions and Identity Authentication– No refunds shall be provided with respect to prohibited transactions or when there is a failure to provide documents necessary to establish the identity of the tenant or landlord. Examples of prohibited transactions include:◦ Attempts to report a commercial property◦ Any attempts to fraudulently report a lease or an identity
• A subscription cannot be cancelled retroactively. Any cancellation is effective at the date of cancellation
How does the monthly subscription work?
In order to keep your credit score rolling it is important to continue to update your rental tradeline with additional on-time payment history. Without it the tradeline becomes less relevant (sometimes referred to as stale) and your score may decline as a result. Your monthly subscription ensures that your tradeline is current but that it also reflects the maximum amount of payments. Remember you will be able to track your progress with your free monthly credit score.
How can I monitor my account?
Your RentReporters Dashboard is your home for everything that is your rent and your credit. Follow your progress real-time as we validate and report your rent history.
Will you need to contact my landlord?
We will need your landlord’s help to verify your payment history but don’t worry, landlords are generally happy to help.
Can I report rent from a commercial property?
Is it ok I am subleasing from my roommate?
Yes, a sublease qualifies. Make sure to provide your roommate’s contact information in the landlord section when you signup
What qualifies as an electronic payment?
Any rent payments that are paid through an online portal, bank transfers to a third party payment service like Venmo/Cash app, or debit card transactions.
RentCheck is also able to verify rent payments that are made by paper check and in some cases, even cash payments. Call our team to see if you qualify.
What happens if part of my rent is subsidized like Section 8?
Great news. Your entire rent amount is eligible to be reported, not just your net payment. So make sure to provide the entire amount when you sign up, not just the portion you pay personally. For example, if your rent is $1,000 and $600 is subsidized for a net payment of $400, you would indicate $1,000 as your rent amount.
What is RentCheck?
RentCheck is our free service that allows us to report your rent faster without needing to contact your landlord.
How do I enroll in RentCheck?
You enroll in RentCheck during signup. Simply link your RentReporters account to the bank account you use to pay your rent.
What if I link the wrong account?
Not a problem. Just reach out to your account specialist or our customer service team and we can fix that.
When will RR begin reporting to Experian?
Our reporting to Experian is just around the corner (like right around the corner!!)
Will there be an extra fee to report my history to Experian if I sign up now?
There is no additional fee so long as your monthly subscription is current.
What will I need to do?
For customers who signed up after December 22, 2020, nothing additional is required. For customers who joined prior to that date, they will simply need to agree to our updated terms of service which we will provide when we are prepared to report.